help whats different on a 78?

I just picked up a 78 scout II from an impound lot .... needless to say
its a mess but it is all there... I think its a 304.

it has a stick shif trannie.... and bucket seats... body is less rusty
than my 77 but more beat up...

I am trying to decide whether or not to put it back on the road or use
if for parts....( I can get a title)

I just saw a post that said that 78s had different things than earlier
models... can any one fill me in on what the differences are..

I have a 69  tvall with 5 speed od divorced ... just wondering if this
would be a good thing to try to swap into the scout ( the scout
supposedly has a good engine) for sure I could take this one down to the
frame and rebuild it to fit the 5 speed if necessary as it is not my
driver....

any comments.

John Dodd

77 scout II driver