Tom M fan clutches and my slipping tranny in the TA.

     Tom!  Make sure you put a flex fan on the fixed cross hub, OR a clutch
     with the factory fan blades.  The factory blades are far too heavy to
     be run with a rigid setup.  I have been running mine like this
     (remember) BUT, I'm just waiting to have the water pump fail due to
     overloads.  Thus I am trying to machine the thread on adapter to allow
     a flex fan on a threaded water pump.

     Also,  Everyone will be happy (I hope) to hear that my slipping tranny
     when warm was all due to:
     ANOTHER LOAD OF SAND IN THE PAN.  Still getting this out from the trip
     in early November!  The filter was totally clogged with river silt
     from that trip over two months ago!  Two filters and two loads of
     tranny and let's hope it runs ok now for a while longer.  Everyone
     should get the 1995 Chevy s10 pickup transmission dipstick with the
     flip lock.  This totally seals the dipstick tube with an expandable
     rubber plug.  You will have to trim the end of the stick and with the
     edge of a file grind some new full, and 1qtlines on the stick.  SO,
     I'm back on the road, and for me a slipping tranny when hot has twice
     been due to dirty filter.

        -Joel