Re: ABS brakes (I know it's dead, but I am behind!)

I just got done reading digest #438, and I see that the most recent one is
#470, so I have some catching up to do (if not for a trailer fire
yesterday, I would be closer to catching up!).
Anyway, I just wanted to throw in my $.02 worth, or maybe $.002 worth,
whichever the case may be.
As I was reading Dan N's story about the girl hitting his friend, I
remembered my senior prom, since it is somewhat fresh in my mind (2 years
ago).  My (then) date and I had gone to my grandparents to get pictures
since my parents were out of town.  The many flash pictures left me seeing
spots, and I discovered that the yellow road signs were now somehow red.
I had borrowed my grandparents car ('94 Chrysler Concorde) since my
parents had our Intrepid.  While driving to the prom, we came up on a
stoplight, and the spots that I was seeing made me confused as to what
color the light was.  I realized that it was the middle light that was on
(yellow, of course) and that it had been on for some time.  We were almost
to the light by that time, so I slammed on the brakes.  The ABS system
locked up somewhat, enough to give a little screech of the tires.

So, I guess what my point is, is that even the ABS's will lock up.  I
realize that this may have been an isolated case, but it did happen to me.
I am also not saying that it will happen to everyone, yada, yada, yada,
you get the picture.

Sorry about beating a dead horse and all, but I am *so* far behind!

And no, I was NOT drunk, or under the influence of anything (except maybe
nervousness!).

Dan Felix