Clutch Notes

RLIRELAND@domain.elided wrote:

> Thought we were going to get Scout running over the weekend, but it was not to
> be. NAPA is still searching their distribution sites for a clutch pressure
> plate so we didn't get the part on Friday as expected. If it doesn't come in
> this week I'm seriously considering putting the old one back in. It doesn't
> look bad, I just figured that as long as the tranny was out, it would be a
> good idea to replace the clutch, too.

Which reminds me... WHY do you replace a clutch PRESSURE PLATE?  The
friction or clutch disc is a wear item.. the throw-out bearing is a wear
item, too, though I've never fried one.. but why/when do you replace the
pressure plate?

I just don't see what's a wear item on it..

now, if you break a finger or springs or... yeah, but.. why else?

-Tom