RE: Comp Cam

I had a 79 345 motor rebuilt by Anything Scout in the Bay area of Cali.
Included in the rebuild was a 'RV type cam', which was supposed to be, in
the old terminology, a high tech 3/4 cam. The RV cam came on strong above
2500 rpm. It was worthless below that figure. I use my Scout for
transporting hang gliders up a steep hill. It was great going uphill but
there was absolutely NO compression braking for the descent. I replaced the
cam with a stock cam and regained the compression braking. Keep this in
mind if you decide to pop for a comp type cam.

The cam was removed after about a months worth of use. If you pay postage,
it is yours.

m alexander   in Modesto Cali