1989 Tires still in use

>You still have the same tires on it from 1989?  10 years?  They
>must be hard like rocks!  I never had tires last more than about
>40K.  With driving like that, how do you do it?  Traction
>compund?
>
>     -Joel
Yes, I still have them on the car.  About 35K miles.  The car had
like 3K miles when I had my little 'episode'.  The flat spots are
less of an issue after some tire smoking.  It is almost always
garaged, Black with black top.  Living in Seattle and being
garaged, it doesn't see the UV rays that anything in Arizona
sees.  Maybe that explains why they are still fine, no checking,
etc.  I also rotate them about once per year (~3500 miles).  This
is NOT my daily driver, and my wife can't drive it because it is
a stick shift (she never learned).  I tried to teach her on it, but
after she roasted the tires for about 100' in the mall parking lot
at night, I gave up.  I do admit, the tires will be pretty much at the
legal limit by 40K.  But I got at least another year at the rate I'm
going.

Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup
89 Mustang GT Conv.