Re: No "Run"/Coil Jumper

Hey Tom,

  I have a similar problem in that on top of my now defunct ignition
switch/wiring/relay, I also have a bunch of shorts on the dash wiring
harness.  Before I could get to all that, I made a quick, albeit PITA,
fix.  On the morning I left for Paragon Off road park, the thing died.
So with some help from my buddy Kurt, we just ran the jumper from the +
battery terminal to the + side of the coil.  It is IMPORTANT to remember
that you now have a constant drain on the battery.  Hook it up, get in,
start the truck, drive away.

 *Now* comes the interesting part.  When you get to work/home, you turn
the key off, and the damn thing keeps running.  So you have to jump out,
lift the hood, and unscrew the + side of the coil to get the thing to
quit.  Now leave the wire disconnected from the + side of the coil, go
to work, come out, reattach, and away you go.  I crimped on two round
connectors sized for the terminal post (mine are marine with wing nuts)
and the + side of the coil (which is a dinky little nut).  I have a
correct sized Xlite socket wrench that is now part of my key chain.
Hopefully this will be fixed soon, but in the mean time, you gotta do
what you gotta do.
HTH,

Rob Cavaleri