Re: Boing Surplus?

Carl T wrote:
> saw your note on the woodworking forum about the Boing Surplus store.  I live in Colorado but am planning a trip to the Seattle area end of April.  Sounds like this place might be a place to check out!  Is it a temporary liquidation operation or is it ongoing?  Do they have regular daily hours?  What is the scope of stuff they typically have available beyond the woodworking machines you mentioned?  I thought I'd pump you for a little information before I tried the long distance call.  Thanks!<

Carl,
  It's an ongoing operation, has been for at least 25+ years in various forms.  Tues thru Sat, 10 to 5 weekdays, 9 to 4 Sat.  Inventory consists of about anything you could imagine a company like Boeing would ever need, used and brand new.   It's 30 miles for me so I don't get there as often as I'd like.

  The inventory of desirable items turns over real fast.  Like the drill presses I mentioned.  One morning I saw about 15 of them.  Most were gone the next day.  Cutting tools, drill bits, various sheet aluminum, assorted metals, computers and innumerable other items are always available.  It's a real mixed bag, but worth a stop if you're in the area.  Things are sold as is, where is, no returns, no negotiating.   Pricing is anywhere from a giveaway to above retail.

  I know a guy who pratically makes a living off bargains he gets.  He's there every morning when the doors open, makes a quick pass through the store and grabs anything he thinks might be resold for a profit.  His biggest score was an unused plasma cutter for $100,  resold it to a welder dealer for $6000 !

Doug