Re: heater core

Jeff Tarquinio wrote:
no heat, but engine temp rose at idle. At speed, heat came up and the
engine cooled down.  The cause was low water level, the cause of the low
water was a bad water pump (I don't think you have this problem).
Anyway, you put a new heater core in so I assumed you refilled the
antifreeze/water.  I'm wondering if you noticed it being low before you
started messing with it?

Tark,

I thought about low coolant.. BTDT before.. but I not-too-long-ago put
the V8 in and flushed the cooling system.. then checked it a few
times...

When the heater stops working, I check the radiator. :-)

Also, I recently changed out the radiator that was leaking.. and
re-topped off everything..

It's low on coolant now.. and at an idle, while eating at the drive-in
for lunch yesterday, it was *HOT* in the cab, but the motor was running
right.

I know it's low because I only topped the radiator off.. I waited for
the bubbles to go away n' such, but I bet it's burped since I changed
the heater core out..

I didn't have any more coolant handy... in fact, I put the not-so-used
coolant that came out when I changed the radiator back into it when I
changed the heater core.  I had intended on keeping the used coolant
(that was used for 3 months) in the truck for trail repairs.. but I
didn't have any fresh stuff handy, and it was late at night, and I
wanted the job done. :-)

-Tom