heater core

Tom,
I don't think I mentioned this before, but I was experiencing the same type of heat loss as you.  I would get no heat, but engine temp rose at idle. At speed, heat came up and the engine cooled down.  The cause was low water level, the cause of the low water was a bad water pump (I don't think you have this problem).  Anyway, you put a new heater core in so I assumed you refilled the antifreeze/water.  I'm wondering if you noticed it being low before you started messing with it?
Can't help you with the ignition problems.
---
Layda,
Tark
'77 Terra 345/T19/D20