Re: most dangerous braking

Hello, all.

I would just like to add, since I live in northern Canada, where roads
are snow or icy eight months of the year, and have some dirt road
experience in the out-back of Australia, that brakes are your worst
enemy in slipperry conditions.  You may start sliding from using your
brakes too hard, turning too sharp, or accellerating too fast.

The only way to rectify this is to change your acceleration to a neutral
or slow-down, but do not push on the brakes.  Also, do not over-correct
your steering when attempting to straighten out.  Steer into the skid,
but steer subtly!!!

But, once again, the brakes are your enemy and should not be touched,
despite the fact that this is driver's instinct.

In a front-wheel-drive vehicle, you want to floor it as opposed to
slowing down, however; the complete opposite.

Just thought I'd add to the abundant correspondence on this topic.

Eric.