Re: ...above average drivers.

> >... we also all seem to be above average drivers.<
>   I'm not sure I would agree with you on the driving skills issue.
> Statistically speaking,  considering all the anecdotes of
> roll-overs, spin outs, near fatalities, I'd say Digesters as
> a group represent a hazard on the highways.  Even more of a
> hazard cause we're driving 20+ year old vehicles that have seen
> some pretty hard use and abuse.   I'm glad my insurance company
> doesn't know I belong to this group.

"That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger"

You don't qualify as a "good experienced" driver until you've fouled up
a few times.. How can someone claim to be a good and experienced driver
if he/she has never been in a rear wheel skid?  I've been there, and I
know how to correct.

You have to push it to the limit to KNOW the limit.. the trick is to
then learn how to NOT exceed it..

Perhaps I should've said "We know our vehicles more intimately" than
others.. I have a much better feel for how fast I can take a given
corner than most people do.. or how quickly I can accelerate or stop
or...

Granted, we've made mistakes in the past.. (and I continue to!).. but
that's how experience is gained.

That, and I do sit higher than most family sedans... and someday, I'll
buy a cheap Honda (or two) (like Tom H.) and I'll use it as a car ramp
when I change my oil.... <VBG>

-Tom