Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 16:48:22 -0500
From: Roger Scow <rscow@domain.elided>
Subject: Broken 392 woes
<snip>

They quote a $2100 price tag for rebuild, with about half being
the engine
rebuild kit, which they are saying they can get for no less than
$1000.

A long block was quoted at over $3000!
<snip>

Roger Scow
Beaufort (almost in Georgia) South Carolina
'78 Traveler

------------------------------

Roy,

        As you leave the canyon, and head up the rim, there are
some long sweeping corners.  Not like I was doing 65 down by the
river!  It was an '85 Pontiac, not an IH.  Somewhat more
repsonsive and forgiving in the suspension.

        Shoot.  The more I talk about these things, the more
people I scare.  Yikes, I oughta keep my stories to myself.
Makes me look like a Knieval child.

        How's the Scout run?  BTW where do you get the rebuild
kits for the original vacuum diaphragm fuel pumps?  Are they
even available?

        -Joel