Lights in the back of speedometers

Joel,
I have a pretty good fix for this. Since I have stolen all of them from every junkyard in the Northeast, i decided it was time to figure out how to fix them.  The little tabs break off that hold them into the back of the gauge, right?  Get some cheap two part 5 min. epoxy and mix some up on a piece of cardboard like body filler.  Then take a nail or something to aply a dab of it where the tab should be.  give it 5 -10 minutes to dry, then carve the slot out of the epxoy.  I used an old hack saw blade to get the slot then trimmed the corner with a utility knife to give it the slope so it turns in easy and tightens.  I did it on ten sockets, I so I'd have a few spares.  I now have more good sockets then bulbs.
HTH
---
Layda,
Tark