Re: speedo police

>Subject: speedo police

>Dan said:
>" Note though, it is some sort of federl offence to open and tamper
with a speedo in any way,
>whether all you did was replace the lens or not, so becarefull or you
might have Tom's Smog
>police, or the IRS or the Speedo police after you."

Glad I live where I do, the disdain for federal (mandate) laws is very
strong in Wyoming.The feds say "jump" and our government says "stick
it". sometimes they win by withholding federal funds but at least we put
up a fight.

When you transfer a title here in Wyoming there is one box you check if
the odometer reading is correct and another if its
" in excess of 100,000"...I call that one the IHC box. Wish I could find
a Scout that fit the description of the first box (original miles,
accurate and under 100,000).

How could "they" tell if a 25+ year old speedo had been tampered with?

Willy
somewhere in Wyoming

77 SS II (on its second speedo, in excess of 100K, I think I *will* run
that speedo back to 25K so it will stop smoking)

ps. Joel, want me to tamper with the speedo before I send it, or would
you rather have the pleasure <G>.
Ain't it nice to live "just west enough".