ABS Brakes, 5spd OD, Drivers Ed, non IH question

My 98 GMC ext. cab Z71 pickup is the second vehicle that I've owned with ABS
(the wife's 95 Grand Cherokee being the other one) and with the traffic in
Dallas, panic stops can be all too frequent.  I've been very impressed with
the stopping ability the GMC and the Jeep have had in a panic situation.  In
any other vehicle I would have definitely been involved in a wreck or three,
but they have brought each of the afore-mentioned vehicles to a safe stop.
The only real danger has been the contents of the vehicle flying forward
into the dash and onto the floorboards.  I will have ABS on every new
vehicle I own going forward.  I'm fully aware of the shortcomings in the
brake systems of the old vehicles that I own that don't have ABS, and I
drive with extra room between me and the rest of the crazies that commute
with me each day.

For those looking for a T-34 5spd, I believe that Howard Tucker
(chtucker@domain.elided) has one for sale.  He's in Leadville, Colorado I
believe.  I'm not completely sure of the email address, so those who know
Howard might be able to give you the correct one.  By the way, don't expect
to do any quick shifting with one of these.  I have one in my '67
Travelette, and I liken it to driving a school bus.  But the OD is really
nice.

With the thread on controlling a skid, when I was in high school (1973-76)
they offered an advanced drivers ed class that taught motorcycle safety and
emergency driving techniques.  They would set up pylons in the school
parking lot and then let us drive the bejesus out of the drivers ed cars.
When the parking lot would ice over in the winter, we would learn how to put
the car into a spin, and then learn how to correct it.  We did dent a few
new cars this way, and the sponsoring dealers asked that we not use there
cars for this type of instruction again, but it was really cool (at least
for a 16 year old).  I have been in numerous situations since that I have
avoided disaster, which I credit that class for giving me the basics to not
panic and to regain control.

OK, now a non IH question.  I recently bought a motor out of a 86 Corvette
to put in my 76 Corvette.  The engine was disassembled and I am now putting
it together.  It has the aluminum heads and the original head bolts were
missing from the pile of parts I received.  I bought aftermarket head bolts
(ARP), but do I need washers to keep the bolts and the heads from doing a
galvanic tango, or will it be ok without them?  I figured someone on the
digest would know.

I'll shut up now.

Jeff