Re: Most dangerous braking situation...

John Hofstetter wrote:

> I agree on the pulsing braking, and that's my argument in support of ABS
> brakes. In a panic stop, most of us, even though who think we wouldn't, are
> all to likely to stomp down as hard as we can stomp, and ABS brakes makes
> that panic stomp not quite so potentially disastrous. I know that the ABS
> question engenders real debate, but in the aspect that Joel is talking
> about, I can't see how they aren't really helpful.

My biggest problem.. is.. you have one car with ABS, one without... like
John Hofstetter.. the GC has ABS, the Terra doesn't... so how do you
train yourself?  Stomp and hold?  Pulse?  One works with ABS, one works
w/o out.. and the opposite does NOT work.. pumping ABS is bad, and not
pumping regular is bad..

If you have to think, it's not instinctive.  If you have to decide which
is better, you have to think.