Re[6]: Most dangerous braking situation...

        I'm really getting sick of all this talk of how sliding is
     such a terrible thing.  I'm getting personal emails from
     everybody saying, yeah it's good, and no, it's bad, about 50/50.

     Now another story, I was heading up to go skiing witha friend to
     Northern Arizona.  Through an area called the Salt River Canyon,
     it's about as twisty and windy and the Pikes Peak run, if anyone
     knows what I'm talking about.

        Well, I'm doing about 65, the rear end starts to come around,
     I steer into it, and apply throttle.  1.5 miles left hand turn
     slow swweper.  The entire time sideways.  Right side leads.
     Friend was sleeping, and wakes up, looks forward, then right,
     then at me, (I'm looking right at him and past him since I'm
     going sideways) and proclaims: "DUDE!  We're going sideways!".
     Yeah? I ask.  End of discussion.  He's been with me before.
     Wasn't shaking a bit, road straightened, off we go.  Yes, it was
     snowing, no I didn't have chains, yes, it may have been icy, and
     yes, I was in control the entire time, and could slow down, and
     speed up if needed.  It was fun, probably could have gone wrong
     at any time, however, walking down the street, you could trip and
     hit your head, and never wake up.  Practice.  get in the parking
     lot for the ski area after they close, or before they open, and
     LEARN what inputs give you what results.  It's not magic!  It's
     practice.

     Joel