Re: Performance update, '79 Scout II

Steve:

Your talking to a former tax accountant and you're absolutely right. I used
to say, the only time you are guilty until proven innocent under U.S. law
is U.S. tax law. (I didn't entirely blame the IRS since it is the treasury
department that gets congress to make those tax laws that work this way.
Hence, Treasury {ATF is in there too ya know} and Congress are really where
most of the blame belongs.) I used to wonder how they got away with this
since it violates one of the most important aspects of American
jursiprudence - Innocent until proven guilty!

But you'll note that this concept of guilt until proven otherwise seems to
be widening, especially out here on the left coast. Look at child
abuse/molest cases for instance. The accusation is fatal to say the least.
Same goes for most environmental laws and it's also true with the SMOG
laws. I have to go prove my car meets thier standards. They don't have to
take me to court and show it does not.

Steve, your bringing up a sore subject. I'm getting worried. I guess it's
time for me to head to Idaho with a truckload of weapons and ammunition.

Tom H.