Re: Performance update, '79 Scout II

>There is no real way to change the individual shift pints really. You
>could add a manual/auto valve body like I am going to do. This way you
>could run in auto, or just shift it. The manual valve body changes the
>shift pattern to 1-2-D instead of d-2-1-.

Actually, on a 727, there are some adjustments you can make on the
valve body.  I'm not near a manual, but there are one or two adjustments
that can be made with an allen wrench, the manual just says to measure
and set the adjustment a certain distance from a reference point.  You
could adjust that distance and have some effect.  Also, changing the
tension of some of the springs alters the 1-2 and 2-3 shift firmness
and shift point (RPM/load).  This is what most shift kits do.

Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup