Re: Performance update, '79 Scout II

Tom;
Thanks for the warning. I knew that taking off the air pump and EGR valve
were over the line, but I rationalized it by the fact that it is now WAY
cleaner than it was before I removed them. I base that on empirical evidence
obtained while observing the plumes of blue smoke exiting the tailpipe. I
also live in a rural area where smog checks are not required. That's
probably why the mechanic changed it without fearing a revocation of his
license.
John