Re: newbie question, Scout II Vs Travelall Vs pu

Richard McFarlane wrote:

> available here in southern California.   The question is, on the rough
> (but not radical) dirt roads found in the California desert is one truck
> better than the others?  I would hate to buy one and fix it up only to
> have to switch to a different model a year or two later.  Thanks in
> advance and you can email me direct if you want to save digest
> bandwidth.

If I were going solely for "open" dirt roads or your typical Forrest
Service road/trail.. where you don't need to negotiate tight corners and
switchbacks with trees on all sides, or crawl over gnarly boulders on
the Rubicon.. I'd probably opt for a Travelall.

The longer wheelbase and better weight distribution should make it a
pretty good performer on your typical dirt road and washboards.  Lots of
room for gear..

good luck if you're thinking lift and big tires though.. your options
are fairly limited.. but for the typical forrest service road, lift and
tires n' lockers are not a concern..

Also, in Kalifornia, the 60s t'all would have some benefits
emissions-wise over the 70s Scout IIs.