newbie question, Scout II Vs Travelall Vs pu

Hi folks!  I'm looking for opinions about the off road ability of the
different IH vehicles.  I like the looks of the 60's pickups, my wife
likes the 60's Travelalls, and the Scout II seems to be the most
available here in southern California.   The question is, on the rough
(but not radical) dirt roads found in the California desert is one truck
better than the others?  I would hate to buy one and fix it up only to
have to switch to a different model a year or two later.  Thanks in
advance and you can email me direct if you want to save digest
bandwidth.
Richard