Re: master cylinder

As the little green aliens inserted a searing hot probe into the sternum of
Darrel <darrelK@domain.elided>, a blood curdling scream was heard...

>You mean to tell me you're the only person to drive your Scout? <grin>

Absolutely!  I *might* let some mechanically inclined and experience Scout
enthusiast drive it... someone I really trust.  But *never* someone with zero
mechanical knowledge.  I love my Scout too much to participate in such high
risk behavior.

>I remember you saying the other day how your brake pedal would sometimes go almost to
>the floor, and you replaced the master cylinder with no luck, but continued to drive
>it. I think if the light would have came on you would instantly think blown line and
>pull over to check. But maybe without the light you would've kept driving, thinking
>it's the usual problem. Just a thought.

Not really Darrel.  I know that when I pump the brake pedal a second time and
it acts normal or nearly so, that it isn't a blown line.  I don't need an
*idiot* light to tell me that.  But I don't keep driving when I *know*
something is wrong.  In any case, I always know my emergency procedures in the
event of brake failure... that's why my Scout has an *emergency* brake.

Just a thought.

>A few more scenarios come to mind, but you get the point.

>I'm not saying that it's the most dangerous thing you can do - far from it, just
>pointing out that the IH engineers did put the warning light in for a reason.

Let's just agree to disagree about what's important... shall we?

Best regards,

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com       | For such a promiscuous conglomeration
Conservative Libertarian         | of numbskulls as generally constitutes
Life Member of the NRA           | an army a six pound pull is well
WA Arms Collectors               | enough.  With an easy pull soldiers
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.    | would decimate their own ranks more
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/  | than those of the enemy. T. S. Van Dyke