Questions about JCWhitney?

I happened to be looking through my JCWhitney Everything Automotive catalog
and got to the section of alternators. Well since I have been having
electrical problems i became interested.  Then I found what I think I needed,
on page 182 there are some alternator conversion kits. It says "Convert your
existing 40-63 amp alternator to a high-output 80 or 105-amp powerhouse
alternator!" It is made by Quick Start rebuild kits. It lists the vihicles it
will fit and it says "70-82 IHC Scout with Delco alternator and built in
voltage regulator (10Si,12Si)" Has anyone ever gotten one of these? Are they
any good? Will it work on a stock 1977 IH Scout II with a 304 V-8.
Thanks,
    Matt Cason