Hella Vision

From: "Allan & Kathryn Weidenheimer" <allanw@domain.elided>
Subject: Cool new stuff at Summit

>In my new Summit catalog (Jan/Feb), I noticed some "new for '99"
>products that look ineresting:

>Hella Vision Plus headlamps.  Claims 50% more low beam and 25% more
>high beam (% improvement over what, it doesn't say).  Uses a
replaceable
>halogen bulb, and is available for a 7" round headlight.  SAE and DOT
>approved, so they are legal.

>Anyone tried either?
Allen,
I have been useing the Hella Vision Plus headlamps on my Montreo for
almost two years.
I love the low beam, brighter than standard halogens with a very good
cutoff at the top of the beam so driveing in snow storms is not as
blinding as it was before. I seldome use the high beams which seem to be
more blue than white light, the highs beams do throw light a long ways
down the road but are not much of an improvement over standard halogens.

I use the Hella low beams and my KC driveing lights together for those
fast drives on our congested highways.
Speaking of congested trafic, on our trip down to Colorado for Chrismas
we saw 6 other vehicles in the first 125 miles, starting to get crowded
aroud here.
Willy

Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup