Re: off topic mac problem

After pitching the manual into the fire at 19:28 on 12/31/98,  William
Cunningham uttered the following:

: I have a BLUE screen on my Power Computing, Power Base 200 (Mac-Clone)
: monitor. this came about after I unplugged everything and moved it to

Hey Willy,

I'm not Power Computing savy, but have some service experience under my belt.

A few suggestions.

1) Make sure when cable was disconnected and reconnected no pin(s) got bent upon
reinsertion. If so, probably buy a new cable.

2) Is the color (blue) a consistent shade or is it graduated (lighter to darker
or vice-versa)? Might distinguish between whether this was exp[osed to a strong
magnetic field or Red & Green are not firing at this time.

3) Check your monitor for a degauss botton (usually has a magnet icon next to
it, and people often say 'Huh, I wonder what this button does...' and jump back
when the monitor buzzes for about 10-15 seconds!

4) Does Power Computing use a video card (many Mac's use onpard / built in
video) - it's possible when moved, the card has become unseated (somewhat!) and
only the blue is being fired at the moment. Pull it and reseat it.  You might
blow off any dust off it while you're at it!

Others may have other / better ideas.

Cheers,

--Pete

pferris AT webzone DOT net

"Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he
will pick himself up and continue on."  Winston Churchill