Re: seat belts

If you need to extend a seat belt, you might check out out some big
trucks in the junk yards.  On those with air ride seats, the seat belts
are anchored to the seat frame so that tightening the belt doesn't
interfere with the motion of the seat.  Then a short tether belt runs
from the belt anchor point to the cab structure.  I'd say they are about
10-12" long.  The belt is mounted perpendicular to the motion of the seat
and is not tight so the seat can move freely.

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

On Wed, 06 Jan 1999 16:48:47 -0600 Kurt McDowell <gmcd@domain.elided>
writes:
>Tom, I used some REALLY big chain with thoes screw together linkes I'm
positive
>my seat belts arent going any where.  To elimanate the anyoing chain
clatter I >secured a clear plastic pipe over the links. Also, I secured
the tops to the seats to >keep the weight of the chain from pulling them
back to the floor. When securing
>a chain to the floor with a factory bolt, the lenth of that first link
can put
>some unticipated moments on the bolt. It would be a good idea to beef up
those >threads that hold the seatbelts when putting in chains.
>    Grant

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]