RE: Ignition switch..

>The truck is a '74
>Wagonmaster with the key in the column.  The only part they could find
>had to be special ordered and is the switch that goes in the dash.  When
>I brought this up the guy went back in the computer and couldn't find
>ANY listing for an ignition switch for a '74, so he looked under '73 and
>found this part-which I still thought had the key on the colimn.

Michael,
Remember 2 thinks when looking it up at the parts store...
It's two pieces the Switch and the Lock Cylinder and Keys....
Sometimes inexperienced kids don't know the difference and look up the wrong
part..
or.. if you looking at pics in the back of a book they are not always
right..

When I worked at a parts store when I was a kid I could find anything...
No Joke...
I'd flip through pictures if I had to.. and make countless phone calls...
But I always found it.. 99.9% of the time anyway..
Id through the computer away and ask to look through his books..
Flip between the application listing and the Picture index and I'm sure you
can find what your looking for..

Good luck,

Jeff Bade
Chicago, IL
1980 Scout ][, 304, TF727, D300, 3" Body lift, 4" Spring lift,
33x12.5xr15 tires, 4 wheel disk, SS][ converted
http://members.xoom.com/ScoutII