Re: Installing Rotor to Hub?

In a brilliant stroke of genius, "Tom Harais" <tjhemh@domain.elided> blurted
out:

>By the way John, I wouldn't worry about the rust. I've seen some pretty
>well rusted rotors that cleaned right up with a slight application of the
>brakes while driving about 1/2 mile. Came out smooth and polished, just
>like if they had been turned.

Tom,

This rotor was *really* rusty and actually had some surface pitting.  I'm
sure I could have gotten away without having them turned (as far as the
rust goes), but because as I mentioned in another post, the run-out was
severe enough to warrant having them turned anyway.  I didn't measure the
run-out before having them turned, but I'll bet it was at least .010" or
even greater.

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com    |
Conservative Libertarian      |
Life Member of the NRA        |        All the GOOD things in life
WA Arms Collectors            |              are DANGEROUS!
Commercial Helicopter - Inst. |
www.halcyon.com/jlandry/      |