Re: Installing Rotor to Hub?

Scouters,

When I put my Scout back in service it had been sitting over a year.

Not being one to turn a rotor or drum that is still round, I sanded off
the rust from the rotors with emery cloth and put them back in service.
they are working great.  They stop smooth and straight, no pulsation.

I never turn anything unless it is out of round.  I've even used some
drums with pretty serious grooves from rivits.  Never made any
difference in performance that I could tell.  The shoes/pads just wore
to accomodate the groves.

When you assemble rotors to hubs you might want to measure the runout of
the hubs and then put on the rotors, and measure total runout.  If not
acceptable, put the rotors on in a different position,  you might find
one to eliminate the runout.  Use some smaller nuts & bolts to assemble
the rotors to the hubs to check the runout.

When you find the best position, assemble with the regular studs.  If
this asembly seriously changes the runout you'll have to get them
turned.  But I would hope that the assembly process would not warp the
rotors.  This would make me think the assembly process was not done
correctly.

Steve