Re: Warped Hub/Rotor Assembly

In a brilliant stroke of genius, Doug Rasmussen
<DougRasmussen@domain.elided> blurted out:

>  So, I'm concluding the Scout II hubs were poorly designed for the loads
>that are routinely put on them.  And, I'm wondering how many rotors
>have been "used up" by turning just to compensate for warped hubs.

Doug,

Of course I don't know what causes the warping of the Scout II hubs, but
this sounds like a perfect application for cryogenic treatment.  If I ever
buy new hubs, I'll definitely have them cryo treated before their first
use... probably new rotors too.

Regards,

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com      |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout II Traveler "Patriot" model
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |     1977 Scout II Traveler (Parts)