Re: Warped Hub/Rotor Assembly

John L wrote:
>Here's the part that verifies what Doug said... even though the rotor face
was
now true, without measuring I could clearly see the run-out at the hub face
as
I spun the assembly.  The warpage is plainly caused by the hub... not the
rotor.  So if I were to remove the rotor from the hub for any reason, it
would
have to go back on *exactly* in the same position to keep the rotor face
true.<

John,

  OK, you noticed the same thing I saw on 3 of the 4 used Scout II hubs I
checked.

  Here's the thing I found most interesting.  I didn't want to have my new
rotors turned, so I tried to find a brake or frame shop that would
straighten
my warped hubs.  Of the 5 or so in Seattle I called, not a single one said
they
did that sort of work.  Most of the shops were surprised that my hubs
were warped since that wasn't a problem they saw very often.  The shops
I called weren't your speedy lube/brake/tune up types either, but were
established "professionals".

  So, I'm concluding the Scout II hubs were poorly designed for the loads
that are routinely put on them.  And, I'm wondering how many rotors
have been "used up" by turning just to compensate for warped hubs.

Doug