Re: Another Engine Swap Question

Tom responded,
>Shame on you, Dan!
>The Power-Lok uses clutches JUST LIKE >the Track-lok. They are BOTH
prone to >wearing out. However, the PowerLok *IS*  >the better of the
two for off-roaders.. it's a
>more positive setup, and can be re-setup >(triple belleville or was
that double?) to be  >even "tighter" and provide even MORE >positive
traction.
You made me go and get out my manual, Tom. The Power-lok does have
clutches, but that isn't what locks the diff. Waht does that is 4
centrifical gears that slide out in the carrier and lock the axles
together. That is what makes this stronger. I don't think theTrak-lok is
all that weak. I've been yanking out stuck Scouts from mud all summer
with mine and it still works good.     As far as shocks go, why don't
you try Doetsh Techs from Super Scout? They are pretty good. I like
mine.

Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided
The