Re: Another Engine Swap Question

Michael Shaw wrote:
>I've read this a million times, but I just want to make sure.  I >have
>found an affordable, local Scout 80 with a 304-my dream
<snip>
>I think I could get it cheap, drop my engine into it, and have >what I
>wanted.  Should it need any modification at all?

Dan Nees responded:
>>The only technical thing would be the 304-345 swap in
>>Crazyfornia would be technical if you got caught. You should >>make sure
>>to lie to the emission guys. <g>

I'm going to say:
Oh yes!  This sounds perfect for you.  Get that bad boy!  And as a 70 it is
exempt from California Smog laws.  Not sure though if there is a visual
inspection at transfer to make sure it at least looks like it should.  Tom H.?
And a very Happy Merry to you all.
Dennis Millward
63 C1200 4x4