Re: Flushed.. no better tho'

Steven Stegmann wrote:
> Your local parts shop can supply a new heater control valve.  Seems like
> I paid under $10 for mine.  It was some brand of "universal" and was an
> exact replacement.  Heater works better.  I also found some of the

I may do that anyhow, though I thought it was closer to $20.. I replaced
the valve on the '72 2 winters ago..

> blocking the passage.  check and replace all the heater hoses, they're
> cheap, just a bit of PITA.

All of the heater hoses but the one from the valve to the core are "new"
as of 2 years and 5k miles ago.. since, when I took the '72 in for the
core flush, they had to cut the old (25yr) hoses off and replace 'em
all.. but when I changed motors, I left the valve and the short hose to
the core in place just to make the swap easier.. but maybe I'll replace
the short hose and the valve at the same time.

Thanks,

-Tom