Re: Compression

Howard:

As always, you're enlightment was well recieved. I knew that early
engines were relativley low compression by today's standards, but I
didn't know they were that low. I was thinking 7:1 or 7.5:1. I mean, the
first engine invented was compression ignition, so you think that
builders would have already worked out how to seal a head gasket and
hold the thing together if the diesel was already in existence by the
time they tried blending gasoline with air and running it through and
engine.

Tom H.