Ignition Switches

O.K., it appears my ignition switch is bad.  Doesn't pass
any voltage to the wire that goes to the bulkhead connector.
Tomorrow I'll be calling around to find one.  Anyone know if
I can keep my existing lock cylinder, or do I need to get a set
so the doors and ignition match?  This is on a pickup,
where the switch is in the dash, not on the column.

In the meantime, I guess I'll wire up a momentary pushbutton
for starting.  Mike suggested keeping this as an anti-theft
device.  Well, with my stubborn, worn-out Holley, manual choke,
strange shifting 5 speed (must double clutch to hit 3rd), and
the column shifter for the automatic is still there, would be thieves
would be so confused, I doubt I need the extra protection.
Besides, old IHC pickups are not exactly the hot ticket on
the chop-shop shopping list.

Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup