Re: Flushed.. no better tho'

Tom Harais wrote:
> And here I thought that all 68 and later vehicles had to have a constant
> source of fresh air as in "astro ventilation" on GMs. I guess maybe trucks

Maybe that's why the "flapper" doesnt' seal tightly... either that, or
did *convertibles* need it?  Or does the Scout's natural draftiness make
up for it?  ;-)

> If the "air" control is between the blower and the interior, then I guess
> we'll never get "recirculate" on our Scouts huh?

Ahhh... but you can.

The blower sucks air from the passenger fender cavity which in turn gets
air from the cowl.  So does the passenger side floor vent.

Several folks have told me they have, or intend to, route some ducting
from the heater inlet down to the passenger kick-panel vent to get
re-circ.  Add another vent in the middle of the "duct" you run so you
can still get outside-air as a source... for either the vent to work
like it should, or for the heater to suck outside air in.

Of course, it's not something I'm interested in doing RIGHT NOW
outside.. evne if it is up to 12deg.. :-)

-Tom