Flushed.. no better tho'

Argh.. as my fingers are thawing.. I took the core out, ran tap water
through it.. tried to get a *little* pressure by wrapping my hand around
the faucet and the outlet for the core and turning the water on.. clean
water flowed, but I guess that doesn't mean I removed built up scale
inside the core..

Put it all back together.. run the truck, watch the temp gauge.. check
the heater.. it's cool.  Turn it to low, then back to high, it's warm for
a moment then cools off again.  JUST LIKE the '72 did two winters ago..

So.. back to what I should've done.. I call the radiator shop tomorrow
morning and see about dropping the Scout off at lunch and having the pros
flush the core and clean it out.. just get it done n' over with.

Otherwise, I yank the core from the '72 (which was flushed 2 years ago)
and swap it in tomorrow night..

At least I didn't break anything, though I lost one screw for the washer
bottle and one that holds the heater core into the "box"..

Hmm.. 2hours for that??  Sheesh...

-Tom