Runs great, dwell??

Everything went pretty smoothly.  Got everything done except oil and filter, tonight project.  I guessed at the point gap, looked good to me.  I checked the dwell with a meter, it read 28 degrees, is that about right?  How do you adjust it?  I assume you have to pull off the cap, take a best guess and remeassure??  I'm at 10 BTDC for timing, and it seems to be running very nicely.
  Today I will be checking the T19 that came behind the Nissan Deisel that was origninally in the truck to see if its wide or close.
---
Layda,
Tark
'77 Terra 345/T19/D20