Re: Dowel pins-warning

Allen,
 It's funny you should bring up dowel pins today. Last week when Tark,
Roger and I were putting in his tranny, we got the trany all lined up
and ready to bolt in, when we realised that Tark's tranny had the engine
dowel stuck in the bell housing! Well, since I had both of my dowels in
my engine we needed to get the thing out of the tranny. This was not an
easy thing to do, especially ith the tranny jacked up under the truck.
We ended up lowering it back down and Tark collapsed it to get it out.
   I was going to tell this story last night when you posted originally,
but I had a 101.4 fever and could hardly move my fingers, let alone type
a coherent letter, I'm feeling much better now, though.

Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided
The
"Good" 1979 Scout II  345/auto