Re: emmission plugs

Jeff,
What I purchased from GUS were specific slotted head screws designed to
plug the holes in the head. They have a tapered end on them about a
quarter of an inch long that completely fills the port left in the head
when the emmission tube is removed. I tried the hardware store allen
head plug. It works, but leaves you with a whistle especially noticable
with headers. On stock manifolds the motor just seems to be a little
noisier.
I believe Steve Stegman has had the same experience with both types of
plugs also.

Nick