Cats in the truck

Morning Digesters,

<<     Tom,

        Then don't let the Go&&amn cats in the truck!  Cats and cars

     are a recipe for disaster and chemical warfare!  Never heard ANY

     kind of good story about a cat and a car.  How about the cat, a

     few fast food bags, and my Pontiac?  Damn cat 'marked' the entire

     area of the passenger floorboard (where the bags were, nice

     padding I guess) with his aromatic gift.  Had to take the seats

     out, and fill the entire cabin with a hose.  I looked for that

     cat for a year.  Never saw him.  BB gun at the ready though, let

     me tell you.>>

This thread about cats and Scouts reminded me of something I discovered this
past summer that I thought was interesting. We have five cats that live at our
house. When I have the top down, I never find any cats inside my truck, either
on the floors or seats. BUT, if I have the soft top up, or the hard top on,
and leave a window open, the next morning when I come out of the house, when I
get close to the Scout, out will scurry one of the cats out the opening. So,
the moral is clear. Take that top off, and leave it down. :)

STeve - 74 Scout II with the infamous 40 gallon tank and cats that like to
sleep on the tops of the tires and the warm hood