Re: Scout vs. Mog.

jmbrodsky@domain.elided wrote:

>      for the toughness, durability, and cost effectiveness, I don't

Cost and durability.  You bet!  I priced Jeeps.. $3k starting.  For $3k,
I bought my '77 Scout II with a rear tracklok, dana 44s, new tires..
added in the rollbar, lift, 33s, locker, V8, 4spd... all for the $3k the
base model beat-to-heck Jeep cost...

>      Most notably the interior space for long distance travel.  With a
>      roof rack, it opens up a whole lot more space.    I'm trying to

What about a Traveler, Joel?  What's the WB on that Suburban?

With a Traveler, you could keep it all IH, and have 18" of additional
cargo space inside.. and room to lay down.  Still narrow for tight
sections, still maneuverable.. and you already have Scout parts that'll
fit it..

I've been thinking of one.. it would make a nice highway cruiser.. set
it up with 4 Captains chairs and a rear bench seat for comfy seating of
6.. heck, add your roof rack too...

Also thinking there'll be a 100" WB Scout II w/ Terra top in my
future... hunting rig!  I'm told it's not so nice to get
Deer/Elk/Moose/etc blood & guts all over the interior of your truck.. I
have a friend that sold his RamCharger 'cuz he could never get the smell
out..  but a 100" WB Scout II is maneuverable in the woods.. the Terra
top would be comfy, and leave enough bed room to haul home dinner.