999 Tranny

Joel & Allan,

I have a 999 that came stock in my 81 CJ7 and it is not an OD tranny.  Just
the standard 3spd.  They may have changed the 999 designation to a 4spd
OD in later years, but I don't think so.  I read that the 999 is basically a
904
with 727 guts.  I can't remember where I read it, but my oldest brother owns
a transmission shop and kind of agrees with that analogy.

I owned an 89 Cherokee with the 4spd OD, and it wasn't as stout as the auto
in my CJ7.  I don't know what the tranny model was, but since I sold the
thing,
I don't care anymore.

Jeff