60 MPH DOWNSHIFT? It's NOT A race car!

Chris and Ranae,

        Sounds like you want to lengthen the Kickdown rod, that is connected to
the accelerator linkage to the carburetor.  The only problem with this being
that, you will surely see an increase in the amount/frequency of kick-downs when
driving around town.  After executing a corner on the street, the same throttle
position may now incur a kick-down and rev like a mad man on a normally smooth
corner.  My T'all is like that, I may shorten the rod on mine.  Something about
a gentle acceleration turning into a first gear roost, troubles me.

     -Joel Brodsky
        www.physics.arizona.edu/~jbrodsky

         '76 IHC Scout II 345/tf727 RE8000, Cibie40s, custom
                rear tire rack, 6 different color body panels.
                Not much sport, all utility.
         '75 IHC Travelall 150 4wd 392/tf727 Hummer brush guard,
                3/4T rear springs, Hella Rallye 2000s, Con-Ferr 5x7,
                Class IV hitches front and rear, 3" Exhaust.
                1st Place, Rocky Mountain IH Rendezvous,
                3rd Place, Tulare IH Western Regionals.
         '74 IHC Travelall 150? 2wd 392/tf727 "The 'new' one"
                Factory AM/FM, Cruise, Tilt, AC, Captains Chairs,
                Rblt, Alt, carb, fuel pump, ps pump, water pump, dash,
                seats, rear door, starter, master cyl, what could be left?