Bushing and caster, Travelall

     Binders,

        I'm behind on digests again, but I just thought I'd mention
     that yesterday I started about 11AM to put poly bushings in the
     fron of my '75 Yellow Travelall, and 2.5 deg. caster shims.
     Well, 1PM I was done (the air tools at the shop are great for
     removing u-bolt nuts, as well and using the bushing squirter
     (like a big c-clamp, that get's spring bushings out in a hurry!).
      Anyway, by 1pm, I was done, and when I was backing out the bay,
     I noticed I had the wheel straight.  I used to have to hold the
     wheel in a left turn about 60-80 deg. in order to drive straight.
      Now, I can hold the wheel straight, and only have to compensate
     for thelittle bit of pullto the right.

        My Travelall drives like somebody elses truck!  Unbelievable.
     With that much difference from the bushigs and 2.5 deg of caster,
     it's a wonder why more poeple arent out there.

     -Joel Brodsky
        www.physics.arizona.edu/~jbrodsky

         '76 IHC Scout II 345/tf727 RE8000, Cibie40s, custom
                rear tire rack, 6 different color body panels.
                Not much sport, all utility.
         '75 IHC Travelall 150 4wd 392/tf727 Hummer brush guard,
                3/4T rear springs, Hella Rallye 2000s, Con-Ferr 5x7,
                Class IV hitches front and rear, 3" Exhaust.
                1st Place, Rocky Mountain IH Rendezvous,
                3rd Place, Tulare IH Western Regionals.
         '74 IHC Travelall 150? 2wd 392/tf727 "The 'new' one"
                Factory AM/FM, Cruise, Tilt, AC, Captains Chairs,
                Rblt, Alt, carb, fuel pump, ps pump, water pump, dash,
                seats, rear door, starter, master cyl, what could be left?