Re: What's the inside of your top like? Was:Re: Help Replacing Sliding Side Windows

Owen:

To answer two out of three of your questions: - O.K., Three out of three.

1) I don't know what yo mean by "viewer name script". I am using Explorer
and if you open the file properties of any of the emails I send, it will
give you all kinds of info like that.

2) Yes, I bought the top off of Landry's parts Traveler, so I thought you
might have done the tinting. But hey, that's O.K.

3) Even here in sunny California, because my Terra allowed water to enter
during the rains, enough to soak the entire carpet and start all the weed
seeds that had accumulated during the summer sprouting so that my carpet
looked like a "sprout patch", we get mildew and mold on the interior. The
door panels got the mold, the dash got rust and the inside of the top got
mildew.

Bleach is, as you know, the best way to kill the mildew and hold it at bay
for a while. Not letting the moisture in and making sure it dries out right
away if you do, is the best preventative. I used to leave my windows down
very slightly and this seemed to help. Sealing it "tight as a drum" will
actually make it much worse, just from condensation on the windsheild
forming from the nightime lows and re-vaporizing during the daytime highs.
In my "stored"motorhome, I keep all the ceiling vents open during the
winter to be sure there is adequate airflow to keep it dried out.

But, probably best of all would be to paint the inside of your top with
"bathroom paint". This is a paint, made with mildewcides right in it, (used
to be mercury, but these days, who knows). It's also made to pretty tough
standards, so that it can stand up to the steam and moisture in a washroom
environment.

The only drawback, to organics like me is, the stuff they put in the paint
that kills mildew, does so by emitting poisinous vapors. And, those vapors
are poisinous to humans as well but in a much larger quantity than one
would get from bathroom exposure and I don't really care to expose myself
to them.

Tom H.