Re: What's the inside of your top like? Was:Re: Help Replacing Sliding Side Windows

When the truth serum kicked in, "Owen" <renarac@domain.elided> blurted out...

>Anyone else with the Terra or Traveler top, do you have problems with mold
>growing on the inside of the roof? That thing just condenses water like a
>mo-fo. If it sits for more than a few days, BAM! Instant culture.
>My guess is that only people in rainy places (OR, WA, ect) have this
>problem. Any ideas on how to stop it? Anyone have some super awesome, banned
>in the USA by the EPA chemical I can put on it to keep it from growing any
>more? I'm tired of bleaching the inside roof every few months. I'm resigned
>to having humidity in the cab. Hey, it's WA. Even if I seal the thing up
>tighter than a drum, the air is humid in the winter.

Owen,

During the winter I carry one of those "Dri-Z-Air" things in the Traveler at
all times.  It fits perfectly right beside the driver seat, between it and the
door.  I empty it out ever day or two.  For safety sake, I prop a small towel
around it so it won't flip over and spill during a panic stop (happened once).
This thing keeps the air inside the Traveler quite dry.

Steve Young in CA saw this at one of the IH gatherings and now he carries one
also.

Try it!

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com      |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout II Traveler "Patriot" model
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |     1977 Scout II Traveler (Parts)